Head of Customer Experience
Interested in the gig? Here’s a bit about you:
- You’re an innovator. You’re aware of the status quo, but not defined by it. You always look for ways to redefine the problem. You’re the sort of person who insists on an “R&D fund” for your team, just to try new ideas.
- You make things happen. You generate great ideas – and make them reality. You know what it takes to deliver on a promise day in, day out. You’re known for running a tight ship (and also for being a great human being).
- You’re inspirational. You get people excited about what’s coming. Your team loves you; the company respects you; everyone’s excited when you grab the mic at an all-hands.
- You’re dissatisfied. You’re deeply annoyed by the dismal state of CX in most organizations. You hate phone trees with the heat of a thousand fiery suns. You’re always fighting for a better, smarter, and more customer-friendly way of doing business.
- You’re a collaborator. Cross-functional work is your jam. You trust your colleagues – and can get the best from them. You orchestrate others’ smarts and experience to make great things.
- You’re a team builder. You hire and retain bright, motivated people ... and turn them loose on problems. You have a high EQ, are known for your candor, and relentlessly invest in your people. Your results (naturally) are superb.
- You’re a bit of a quant. You love numbers, but know how to pick signal from noise. For any given metric, you know 24 different ways to measure … but will only pick the best two (and ignore the rest).
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are (and are not) trying to do.
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of formal, hands-on experience delivering great customer experiences at a consumer-focused company;
- 5+ years as a people manager or leader;
- Clear track record of experimentation, innovation and problem solving to improve the customer experience;
- Clear track record of successfully operationalizing new initiatives;
- Ability to define and deliver a strategic direction for a team and company;
- Ability to find, hire and retain great people;
- Ability to work cross-functionally to accomplish critical, company-wide objectives;
- Quantitative decision-making abilities;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- MBA a plus.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
Why JOANY? We are a data-driven company with the desire to change the status quo of health care. Together with a relentless focus on customer service, we aim to make health care transparent and easier to navigate. Be a part of something larger than ourselves by helping millions of people across the U.S. get health insurance they can actually use. As an early-stage employee, you will be uniquely positioned to learn extensively while solving complex problems that are impactful to our customers and critical to our company’s success. Work with a team that values respect and emphasizes growth through mentorship rather than management. This is a great opportunity to leverage your skills to have a huge impact on the world. Your creative and technical expertise will directly help consumers across the U.S. get the care that they deserve. #joinusatJOANY