Team and Role Overview
Relativity is seeking a Facilities Technician to join a rapidly growing space startup. In this role, you will be working with our Infrastructure & Facilities teams to assist in all aspects of project implementation on building-out and maintaining our 120,000 SF office + factory.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
At Relativity, we are redefining the way rockets are designed, built and flown. Starting with our proprietary and cutting-edge 3D printing technology, we aim to simplify and automate the manufacturing of rockets. This revolutionary approach enables us to make launch vehicles faster and more cost efficiently, allowing us to offer cost-efficient and short lead-time launch services to customers.
Relativity Space is in the process of building the world’s first 3D Printing Rocket Factory. The factory is a world class manufacturing facility designed to disrupt the launch vehicle production industry. As the primary Facility Technician you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our factory’s infrastructure. Your work will be critical in developing out our factory processes, enhancing overall productivity, and ensuring our team has the most efficient work environment possible.
An ideal candidate is a highly skilled technician with a strong aptitude for maintaining factory facilities infrastructure. You are someone that has a proactive attitude, always seeking new ways to improve your company’s working environment. You have someone that is an outstanding collaborator, and is willing to work with a variety of personalities and skillsets. Although this position is going to primarily be on dayshift, there may be some required 2nd/night shift work to minimize production downtime.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 3 years of facilities technician and/or maintenance experience
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, equipment and high mechanical ability
- Experience with small construction projects to include building support structures, anchoring/mounting equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving plumbing issues to include leaks and clogs.
- Experience operating, inspecting, and maintaining heavy equipment to include forklifts, boom lifts, cranes, scissor lifts, and telehandlers
- Must be comfortable driving 26’ flatbed truck or box truck with gross vehicle rating less than 26,000 lbs
- Experience handling hazardous waste
- Possesses past Lockout/Tagout authorized person training and application
- Computer savvy – comfortable using Microsoft office suite
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Facilities project management experience. Candidate needs to be self-sufficient and have the ability solve problems with minimal oversight
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with electrical / control systems and wiring
- Aerospace factory facilities technician experience
- Education /certificates and experience with electrical work
- Applicant has experience and certificates for machinist and welder work
- Experience navigating city permitting requirements for Long Beach or surrounding cities / municipalities
- Experience and training moving heavy equipment / hardware with crane / hoist and associated rigging
- Commercial driver’s license in the state of California
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.