Executive Assistant to the Chief People Officer (CPO) at Zwift
Who we’re looking for:
An experienced and seasoned Executive Assistant with strong project management experience to support our Chief People Officer (CPO). You’ll support him and our fellow Watopians (what we call our people of Zwift) with daily operations and project work. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced fitness gaming and tech company. This isn’t a stepping stone or foot in the door role. It’s a partner to our CPO for the long term.
You’ll need to be a strong team player who has an innate ability to build effective working relationships. You have excellent analytical skills, are very organized and able to think 10 steps ahead. We are a fast paced, collaborative environment so if you’ve been recognized for your strong, and proactive, communication skills, you'll fit right in.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 200 Watopians ( that’s what we call our employees ) and have added locations in Rio, New York, and London. Together, we are disrupting the fitness industry!
If you’re looking for an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team, Zwift is just that. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and we take our foosball VERY seriously. Most importantly, our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel brings you daily fuzzy, furry, heartwarming paws and noses straight to your screen. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people in a playful and colorful environment. That being said, we don't want you to be intimidated by the former Olympians, pro cyclists, and other amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Even if you're at the very beginning of your fitness journey, there is a place for you here! Who knows, you may surprise yourself and complete your first triathlon if you hang out with us for too long.
We recently hired our first ever Chief People Officer to lead all things People, Workplace and Social Impact. So, now our People team is growing in order to support our teams to deliver our business strategy. We are creating, building and launching exciting new People programs and benefits, processes and disciplines but we are definitely not the ‘HR Police!’ We’re focused on Experience - to create the best for our People so they feel like they belong and can do their best work.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Independently seeking out information in a timely manner, applying initiative and making appropriate decisions to keep things moving, delegate items and escalate as appropriate.
- Preparing confidential documents, sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing presentations considering the audience (i.e. board, executives, Watopians) so exceptional G Suite skills are table stakes.
- Drafting and sending well thought out communications ensuring messages resonate with the intended audience and are in the appropriate voice to represent the Chief People Officer.
- Project managing and/or being a key stakeholder on highly visible projects that impact Zwift and our community. Leading or coordinating multiple, simultaneous projects delivering on time and on budget. Managing the project calendar, templates, submissions and communications.
- Manage budget tracking, system and team admin, reporting and dashboards to inform decisions.
- Complex calendar management, including different time zones and regions, international travel & expenses, work-related and personal items.
- Proactive email management, delegation, escalation and subsequent priority and calendar changes.
You’ll have these skills and experiences:
- Uncompromised integrity, trustworthiness and reliability; and a wholly inclusive mind-set.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high EQ. Able to gracefully navigate diverse personalities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent comprehension and ability to draw insights from detail.
- Able to use data to support commentary and represent information in a visually compelling way.
- Superuser of Google Suite (gmail, docs, sheets, slides, drive), Slack and Zoom.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities (calendaring, projects, emergent work).
- About 6+ years as an EA supporting C-Suite, executives or high profile individuals with incredibly busy schedules - ideally supporting People or HR function leaders and definitely in fast-paced, hi-tech or gaming environments.
- Project management qualifications.
- Writing, communication, and/or people-related study.
- Passion for fitness or active living, healthy lifestyle.
Some Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Fast growing, collaborative environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do.
- Great employee perks and benefits including a fitness program, fantastic industry discounts.
- Amazing Ocean front newly remodelled offices with killer water and city views & facilities.
- Zwift membership, in-office gyms, showers and calendered Wellness activities like Pilates, Yoga, Meditation as well as group rides and runs along the waterfront.
Of course we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live everyday:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest and if you can demonstrate your skills in the letter, even better!
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] To learn more about how Zwift collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Zwift Applicant Privacy Notice.