At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures for team functions
- Managing the daily activities of the team
- Assessing options and communicating action plans when risks to team processes and service level maintenance arise
- Serving as an internal advisor to Product, delivering feedback and insights on requirements of team-specific processes and strategies
- Working closely with our banking partner, core processor, and internal team liaisons on process changes
- Maintaining a steady communications cadence with internal stakeholders regarding team functions
- Supervising, coaching, developing, and mentoring direct reports
- Collaborating with Operations leadership and team to ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Managing expectations and assumptions, and working to resolve issues and conflict that can negatively impact the success of your team
- Maintaining regulatory requirements affecting team processes and collaborating with the Compliance team to implement any necessary changes
- Participating in and overseeing special projects related to team functions
- Acting at all times in a manner that is ethical and aligned with the regulatory obligations of the firm, and our partners
- A variety of other duties aligned with your unique skills, as our firm and its needs, expand and evolve
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of related experience in a financial institution with increasing responsibility in roles
- Progressive experience demonstrating professionalism, growth, and trustworthiness and the dedication to continued growth
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills
- Maintenance of any required licenses (if applicable)
- Entrepreneurial - you do what it takes to achieve our goals, without having someone telling you what to do
- Curiosity – when your work is finished, you are driven to enrich yourself and your team by learning and applying new things
- A functional understanding of banking and investment products
- Strong proficiency with personal computers and business productivity software
- Passion for user experience, customer service, and social good
- Additional years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a bank with a broad set of responsibilities leading to a ‘big picture’ understanding of what is necessary to operate them successfully
- Experience in an organization that is recognized for outstanding customer service and customer experience
- Certifications and professional designations
- Experience in FinTech or working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellence in business productivity software (Adobe, Google, Microsoft, Bookkeeping & Accounting Solutions)
- Advanced proficiency with cloud-based business intelligence, project management, content management, or case management software
- Working proficiency with software languages that are useful in an environment isolated from production engineering (SQL, Python, R, M, DAX, etc.); ability to apply this proficiency to accelerate day-to-day business needs
- Demonstrated and substantial success in mentoring peers, building processes, creating business value or creating uniquely fantastic customer experiences at scale; bonus if any of these were in a financial services environment
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description