Director of Vendor Management at Aspiration
| Greater LA Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:21 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders. We don’t complain, don’t wait around, don’t fret, don’t get frustrated, don’t freak out. When we see something that needs to be fixed, we jump in and fix it.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform. Saying “this is how it’s always done” is not an answer because no one before has done what we’re doing. Every step forward is exploring an undiscovered country -- innovation, creativity, and decisiveness are how we forge our path.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star. We are judged — and judge ourselves — by our measurable impacts in doing so.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it. We consistently go above and beyond for our customers, our fellow team members, and our company. And we deliver work that is high quality on a dependable basis.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain a sound vendor management program for Aspiration and structure mutually beneficial partnerships with third party vendors and including 23A Transaction with Affiliates (TWA)
- Identifies Enterprise value through the analysis of the strategic objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and evaluating the alignment with broader Enterprise objectives; development of projections of future demand related to third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry, and other trends.
- Responsible for driving execution of required onboarding activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to appropriate systems, facilities, on-line resources, training, etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security, Compliance, etc.
- Ensures termination of relationships including removal of system and physical access to assets as well as coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an alternate third-party.
- Manage partners and can participate in onshore and offshore discussions and reviews
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party’s ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- Supports the development of key performance indicators and service level arrangements (SLAs) for the relationship
- Coordinate cross-functionally with Risk, Information Security, QA and other key teams to create and manage the company’s third-party risk management programs i.e., SOC (System and Organizational Controls) reports, CUEC (Customer User Entity Controls), Total Vendor Loss (TVL), Business Continuity (BCP) and so on.
- Partners with first line of defense (i.e., QA, Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second line of defense partners (i.e., Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes.
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple third-party relationships with moderate or high inherent risks that can decrease or hinder the Enterprise’s ability to execute on one area of the mission, damage reputation, or impair financial stability of the Enterprise such that capital strength or liquidity is impacted.
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations along with approved third-party risk management (TPRM) and procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Follow approved escalation processes to ensure timely issue resolution and completion of action plans.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Fosters effective collaborative partnerships with third-party suppliers and internal clients.
- Serves as a coach to peers and team members and acts as a resource for escalated issues.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6+ relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry
- 2+ of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant business process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management, budget controls, and project management
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to influence solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship and risk management
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description