Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for leading the organization that furnishes Relativity with material, hardware, and resources needed to deliver full scale 3D printed launch vehicles. In addition, this candidate will be responsible for defining the processes required to execute a world class supply chain organization. You will be the end-to-end facilitator of our product—from ensuring data integrity upon item master creation to ensuring a quality part hits the Production floor on-time. You will ultimately define internal and external supply chain processes, both material and information flow within the factory, in addition to the functional requirements of Relativity’s digital infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to set the tone for Supply Chain at Relativity—building the inaugural team, defining the processes, and establishing interdepartmental relationships needed to accomplish that goal.
The Director will play a critical role in both the introduction and scaling of Relativity’s launch vehicle production.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the company’s Planning, Supply Management, Logistics, Inventory, and Production Planning & Control functions. Lay the foundation of how hardware enters the factory and processed throughout the facility. Key process ownership includes:
- Item Master, BOM Creation, and Data Maintenance
- Production Planning & Control
- Vendor Management & Quality
- Shipping & Receiving
- Inventory Management
- Architect the supply chain network, define business processes, and map the framework to Relativity’s digital infrastructure.
- Drive the initial procurement campaigns through planning, BOM development, sourcing, supplier evaluations & risk assessments, and vendor management.
- Define the material management, flow, and production control strategy for Relativity.
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Manufacturing, Integration, Production, Additive, and Finance & Strategy teams to ensure all company objectives can be met.
- Accountable for both the strategic and tactical vision for Supply Chain. Architect Relativity’s Supply Chain roadmap and execute on defined deliverables.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering & operations, supply chain & infrastructure, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an operations-focused role within a high-mix, development environment.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience leading or managing a team.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in one of the following: procurement, supply management, planning, manufacturing, logistics, production planning & control.
- Experience defining requirements for and implementing enterprise applications systems.
- Extensive experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, and production personnel.
Nice to haves but not required:
- New product introduction of an aerospace hardware into a manufacturing, test, and production system with proven success.
- Well-versed in process development and first-time manufacturing and production efforts.
- Highly organized and able to provide structure and direction in areas without definition.
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out to cross-functional organizations.
- A strong sense of self-awareness and able to influence others outside of your organization.
- Working knowledge of typical PLM, ERP, MES, and QMS systems.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.