Director, Strategy & Corporate Development at Collectors (Remote)
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research any type of collectible - from sports cards, coins, video games, and Pokemon cards. Collectors is embarking on a radical digitalization and modernization, using our industry leading services as the foundation and the creativity of our employees to sculpt our future.
The Collectors family of companies includes PSA, the leader in third-party authentication and grading for trading cards; PCGS, the leader in third-party authentication and grading for coins; WATA, the leader in third-party authentication and grading for video games and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We are looking for a Director to join our high-impact team at the beginning of its next chapter, work with senior leaders across the business and industry, and participate in all stages of the evaluation, acquisition, and business development process.
The ideal candidate is based in Orange County, CA or Austin, TX but fully remote candidates will also be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Research opportunities, generate ideas, drive due diligence, financial, and valuation analysis, and create documentation for senior management and BOD
- Deliver quantitative and qualitative analysis for corporate & strategic initiatives, M&A and partnership opportunities and new business opportunities
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to structure and execute transactions
- Support cross-functional efforts to integrate acquisitions and stand up new business ventures
- Support preparation of board of director and management materials related to strategic initiatives, M&A and partnership opportunities and new business initiatives
- Projects might range from partnering on product development and pricing to evaluation of new revenue opportunities and identifying acquisition/investment targets
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in a highly analytical role (management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate strategy)
- Ability to logically structure analysis of complex issues and develop creative solutions
- Self-starter who excels in a demanding, fast-paced, and fluid environment
- Ability to frame/communicate complex concepts and analysis in memo and presentation form (both Microsoft and Google Suite) to senior executives
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $170,000 - $230,000. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa