Seniority Level: Director
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about You:
Zwift is looking for an experienced Director of IT Vendor and Procurement Management who will be responsible for improving the value delivered by vendors and maturing overall vendor management subject area. This role will be a member of the IT leadership and is encouraged to contribute to the setting of IT's strategy and performance framework. This role will include leading transformation initiatives in addition to performing day-to-day responsibilities.
The successful candidate for this role must be a self-starter who can operate with a high degree of autonomy, collaborate effectively, and consistently show sound business judgment. You should have demonstrated success in leading IT vendors at a large scale with over 100 vendors.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated success in improving IT vendor management processes and tools. All candidates should be comfortable understanding and helping to negotiate complex, higher-dollar technology contracts.
What you’ll do:
- Defines and performs the preparation, negotiation & management of specific agreements, contracts quotes & proposals, and resulting vendor relationships
- Works closely with partners to manage and improve key vendor metrics to measure vendor performance. This requires taking an active, hands-on role in the day-to-day management of IT vendors
- Serves as a liaison between internal partners and vendors in support of IT services contracts to curtail risks and ensure alignment with corporate, legal, client, and business objectives
- Identifies and delivers savings opportunities to achieve optimum business value aligned with business and corporate strategies
- Responsible for negotiating, structuring, implementing, managing, and monitoring a broad range of service agreements, including but not limited to, licensing agreements, master services agreements, statement of work (SOW), RFx(RFI, RFQ, RFP) responses, and supporting documents in line with our policies and procedures
- Defines IT's contract policy and standards including implementing and managing the process for all technology contract reviews to address key 3rd party risks
- Reviews all IT contracts, including annual software renewals, subscriptions, and user licenses, to ensure alignment to the company and financial strategy and goals
- Drives annual budget reviews with senior finance and business executives including drafting communication materials and supporting IT in executive budget reviews
- Oversees all IT direct spend reporting and analysis including automation of monthly, quarterly, and annual accruals.
- Leads continued analysis of cost-saving opportunities for IT and track achievement of savings for forecasting and budgeting purposes
- Works with IT leaders to review and reconcile IT invoices/spending
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience managing vendor relationships or other outsourced service providers in a highly diverse environment
- Extensive experience in IT Hardware (desktops, servers, network equipment, etc.), Software (on-prem, SaaS, IaaS, etc.) contracts is mandatory. IT Professional services contracting experience is a plus
- Experience negotiating complex higher dollar IT contracts
- Strength in collaborating across business units and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ITSM/ITIL processes and practices
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn and improve every day
- PM and/or ITIL Certification
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.