Director I - Operations at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Director of Operations provides a variety of management and professional support activities across the organization with an emphasis on planning, operational efficiency and effectiveness. The Director of Operations coordinates and leads many activities that are directly under the responsibility of the Senior Vice President of Operations, as well as serves as an internal consultant and change agent to lead and or support a variety of initiatives aimed at increasing organizational effectiveness.
The Director of Operations must be able to demonstrate leadership across the organization, communicating easily with staff in the full spectrum roles and at all organizational levels. The Director of Operations will represent the Senior Vice President of Operations on specific initiatives. The Director of Operations is responsible for all day to day operations, programs and procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define operational strategy and align KPIs that help drive operational rigor, manage business .
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to define, measure and report on operational goals and KPIs.
- Provide leadership across the organization, manage an effective team.
- Ensure all Ops process across the spectrum of logistics, site management, travel, employee nutrition (and others) are defined, documented, socialized, adopted and measured.
- Collaborate with EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) leaders to audit facilities to ensure compliance with internal procedures and with county, state, EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Partner across the organization, aligning key stakeholders to drive results
- Develop and implement plans for continuous process improvement.
- Effectively and proactively manage salaried and hourly staff; provide clear goals and continuous feedback, as well as collaborate with the team to drive engagement.
- Maximize opportunities to create synergies within Operations processes and tools across all facilities and geographies.
- Travel up to 25% (domestic U.S. only).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Excellent organizational, communication, time management, collaborative, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Superior people management skills and communication ability.
- Proven results within a fast-paced, and rapidly growing company.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experienced working in a cross functional environment, influencing and driving results through department without always having direct managerial responsibility.
- Ability to scale processes and build necessary tools.
- Strong ability in effectively managing a team across employee lifecycle (hire, onboard, develop, performance management, etc.)
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of business process improvement methodologies such as kaizen, agile, etc.
- BA in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field.
- Strong track record of managing change initiatives related to scaling a company’s organizational effectiveness (e.g., processes, tools, metrics and communication).
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave