JOANY is on a mission to make buying and using health insurance simple and transparent, with a level of service and experience that is unprecedented in this industry.
Since launching the platform, they have already grown operations to service all 50 states. In 2017, JOANY became the first company in the US to successfully house all data on available health insurance plans for the year, making them better equipped to advise consumers in their selection of an insurance plan than even healthcare.gov.
Using robust algorithms and data, JOANY helps simplify buying health insurance for consumers buying health insurance on the individual market. Additionally, JOANY’s free concierge tool helps with identifying medical bill errors, researching the best specialists and doctors in their networks, and generally helping people make the most out of their health care plan.
• Founded in 2015
• Based in downtown Los Angeles
• 70 employees with aggressive growth plans in 2018
• Annual addressable market in the US is $14B or approximately 98M people
• $20M in capital raised, with recent $13M Series A led by Techstars Venture Capital Fund and Foundry Group
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR POSITION OVERVIEW
This position reports to VP of Customer Experience, Ty Givens. As Director of Customer Experience, you will lead a team of dynamic team members who are relentlessly focused on our Customer Experience.
You will be the CX team’s head coach, responsible for ensuring the team understands and delivers against all expectations on time every time. We move fast, and we move smart. You must be comfortable going from strategic to tactical when our Customer and business need demands you to do so.
You are a bridge and connector for the company and must thrive in a dynamic work environment, and are able to judge and juggle multiple projects at once. Your work will include the following:
Resource allocation by channel: email, chat, social, phones and SMS.
Employee development: must possess a desire to help people achieve greatness.
• Manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives.
• Interface with engineers, product, and other tech teams to share customer experiences, hurdles and opportunities to be better.
• Track progress, evaluate risks, and communicate status to executive team.
• Drive performance to a level of greatness that JOANY has never seen before.
• Proactively remove obstacles to drive project progress.
• Oversee people, process and communicate technological needs to the proper teams in an actionable way.
• Ask questions to clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective.
• Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process.
• Develop detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, resource planning and hiring goals).
• Continuously improve and scale the organization.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
•Minimum 5 years experience as a people Manager in a Customer Care or Account Management function.
• Experience using systems similar to Zendesk, Sprout Social, DialPad and/or Salesforce preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
• Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions.
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items.
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment is desired.
JOANY’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional healthcare company with the move-fast and execute tone of a high growth tech company. They believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. They are all working at JOANY for the same reason - to revolutionize healthcare. To do that, they innovate and execute together every single day - work, teach, learn, eat, and win (or sometimes fail) as a team - a team of A players. You have to want and believe in making health insurance simple and transparent with a level of service that is unprecedented in this industry - for everyone.