At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Develops Aspiration's annual fair lending plan and sets the scope of yearly analysis using a risk-based methodology of applicable regulations related to the credit products and services.
- Manage Fair Lending compliance efforts throughout the institution, both strategic and targeted fair lending analyses, risk assessments, investigations, remediation plans and fair lending project plans.
- Create, review, approve, and manage marketing, advertising, and communications related to credit offerings, agreements, policies, and process procedures.
- Work with external and internal stakeholders on credit projects, tasks, and workflows.
- Craft new processes and procedures as needed by the business.
- Lead in coordinating internal audit and regulatory examinations, including preparation and follow-up on open compliance issues and observations, and develop written responses as needed.
- Monitor and maintain a formal process for identifying, reporting, and implementing new regulations or changes to existing regulations within specific areas of responsibility.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of financial institutions consumer compliance experience, including specific experience in Fair Lending and managing Fair Lending regulatory examinations.
- Knowledge of fair lending laws, regulations, and oversight, including ECOA, HMDA, BSA, UDAAP, CRA, and composite Fair Lending guidance and examination standards.
- Testing, audit, or investigation experience desirable, especially related to lending practices and/or fair lending and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including report development/presentation skills at the Board level.
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders to design, enhance, and implement both preventive and detective controls.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working independently.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience conducting and understanding data/statistical analyses.
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description