Director of Account Management
Partner Program Operations & Oversight Responsibilities:
- Drive partner program execution and success by leading definition of program scope and creation of related success plans and delivery strategies.
- Review all project proposals to define goals, time frame, fees, deliverables, procedures to complete project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Oversee and manage execution of partner programs to ensure renewals and upsells.
- Serve as central point of contact for Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Training, Support, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure Chef’d priorities are aligned in support of partner success.
- Serve as point of escalation for inquiries and issues impacting partner success, and lead troubleshooting cross-functionally to ensure resolution and risk mitigation.
- Oversee management of partner approval process to ensure all requirements are fulfilled to invoice for projects and begin work, including proposal estimate sign offs, partner POs, SOWs, etc.
Partner Sales Enablement Responsibilities:
- Act as the internal and external subject matter expert on the meal kit and brand marketing industries.
- Use deep understanding of program management and client-facing consulting practices to establish and maintain strong relationships with all key personnel at partner companies and brands.
- Develop deep understanding of partner brands and goals, and display excellent skills in interpreting partner requests and ability to apply their knowledge to define strategic solutions.
- Work closely with Sales team to define, package, market and sell services.
- Work with Sales and cross-functional stakeholders to craft and deliver responses to RFPs, and provide strategic insights and potential solutions to meet partner needs.
- Collaborate with Sales team to ensure streamlined and successful handoff of new partner projects to Account Management.
- Act as partner to the Director of Strategic Marketing to create and deliver partner win stories, case studies, profiles, and other collateral for Sales consumption.
Management & Support Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop, and retain a successful team of account managers.
- Manage and oversee ongoing functions of Account Management team in their ownership and execution of partner programs and related metrics.
- Lead communication of critical business-impacting information to Account Management team.
- Cascade information on all aspects of Account Management department to cross-functional leadership as needed, including but not limited to updates on process, partner projects, troubleshooting, trafficking, and relevant certifications.
- Document critical program issues and other partner- or project-related insights in the company’s CRM system.
- Manage a broad range of projects and ongoing activities to support the execution and monitoring of Account Management initiatives and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years qualifying experience leading account management or program management teams.
- Experience in campaign management, advertising operations and/or agency environments, and key areas of operations including project management, resource management, production and/or editorial preferred.
- Proven track record of results and demonstrated career progression.
- Strong leadership competencies: Clear vision for how to achieve goals; Ability to implement and execute strategic programs, ability to work and communicate with peers and colleagues across all functions, and lead by example and proactively coach team members.
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility with key business partners, prospects, and sales teams.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Google Analytics, AdWords, and other direct marketing automation tools a plus.
- Possesses the talent, insights, and willingness to roll up their sleeves and get the job done on or ahead of deadlines.
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!