Dealer Support Specialist
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Dealer Support (DS) Specialist is considered the front line of support for our sales team and automotive dealer clients. Your mission: provide exceptional customer service so that we can help our dealer partners sell more cars and our sales people acquire and retain them as clients.
This position will be part of a close-knit team who will work to provide dealer support coverage between the hours of 8AM to 5PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the dealer support hotline by responding to incoming phone calls, support emails, and texts from dealers and ensure satisfactory resolution to their inquiries in a high quality manner within defined SLAs
- Address and resolve all dealer calls and emails into the call center and support queues within defined SLAs. Examples of these tasks include: product sign-up cases, bouncebacks and mailbox retrieval
- Ability to articulate, communicate and train the full suite of Edmunds products
- Assist with ad-hoc department requests and projects
- Serve as a first point-of-contact for dealer issues; diagnose and resolve customer concerns
- Provide meticulous and detailed documentation for all activities in SalesForce
- Consistently meet and exceed goals and objectives while fostering a standard of excellence within the team
- You’ve got to be great at working with lots of different teams and keep lots of moving parts organized. While you’ll be partnering with lots of internal teams on behalf of our dealer partners, it’s up to you to keep things organized and ensure that progress is being made.
- Interacting with non-technical and very technical individuals can be difficult. You will need to have great customer support communications in order to satisfy our internal customers, external dealers and vendors.
- It’s easy to get bogged down in our support function, you will need to figure out how to balance your day to day processes, project work, and putting out fires as they arise
- Dealing with external contacts who aren’t technically savvy or familiar with Edmunds products can be challenging. You will need to have lots of patience and love empowering people with knowledge as ensuring our dealers are successful on our products is a key function in this role.
What You Need:
- Customer service experience required - we strive to provide exceptional and high satisfactory services to our sales team and dealer partners.
- You’re a people-person! You love talking to people and building relationships. You can also communicate difficult concepts to non-technical players (speak to the layman)
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build solid relationships with vendors, dealer partners, and internal teams to provide excellent customer service (i.e. play nicely with others)
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Strong analytical skills in order to visualize, articulate, understand and tell stories through using data (data doesn’t scare you)
- Desire to take initiative and think of solutions for problems that you may encounter (own it, Sparky)
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, relationship-driven environment
- Fast learner – you can easily and quickly pick up and learn new concepts
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.