Customer Success Manager of Compliance at AuditBoard
Who We Are
AuditBoard is a high-growth SaaS company in the financial technology space that is transforming the way organizations manage critical risk, audit and compliance initiatives. We believe in empowering enterprises to manage and control risk so that their businesses are able to thrive.
Designed by former chief audit executives, our enterprise cloud platform is purpose-built to automate and streamline activities in ways that align with how our thousands of users think and act daily. Clients range from pre-IPO organizations to Fortune 500 companies, including leading organizations such as WeWork, Activision Publishing, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., TripAdvisor, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and Cox Communications, among many others.
Who We Are Looking For
As the link between our customers and our products, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) of Compliance is pivotal in soliciting feedback from our customers to further enhance our solutions and to ensure the ongoing growth of our business revenue goals.
A majority of your duties as CSM of Compliance will be to manage ongoing activities and projects between our client and other AuditBoard teams with a heavy emphasis on AuditBoard Compliance product adoption and growth within our subscribers. You will operate in a project management capacity to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of quality service to our customers. You will have the privilege to work directly with our clients to manage personnel relationships, monitor the client’s usage of our software, and to strategically align AuditBoard’s Compliance and other solutions with the needs of the customer.
You will have full accountability primarily in managing a segment of accounts to further the adoption of AuditBoard Compliance. As you identify poor usage patterns or missed opportunities for greater adoption it will be up to you to proactively address and limit the risk of user dissatisfaction, poor adoption, and churn. The CSM will monitor their segment of clients through NPS and CSAT engagements, ongoing client outreach activities, and attending regular touchpoints with AB Product and Engineering, Sales, and Support teams.
What You'll Be Doing
- Enhance and enable the AuditBoard Compliance product for our customers to achieve their desired outcomes and advocate for increased adoption and feedback.
- Be able to engage clients and draw out the desired goals and objectives and expected value from the AuditBoard platform.
- Identify the risk of churn and poor adoption by monitoring customer usage data and health indicators. The CSM must be proficient with tools and reporting applications used to aggregate and report on the client’s usage behavior.
- A successful CSM will be able to analyze the client's health metrics in order to effectively prioritize clients with the highest risk and potential for attrition or churn.
- Strong understanding of the Compliance space, with a strong emphasis on the IT and Security compliance requirements in the US.
- Ability to own and manage objections, overcome common challenges, and deliver successful strategies for our Compliance practice.
- Advocate to and solicit input from members from different AuditBoard teams such as Support, Onboarding, Product to maximize the client’s ability to use the AB Software.
- The CSM must initiate corrective actions with high-urgency, appropriate visibility, and develop strategic recommendations to help customers be more successful.
- Evangelize the AuditBoard brand by leading user groups and regional training events. The CSM is expected to comfortably interact with clients in both live interactions and in digital form, fostering stronger relationships with the client base.
- Identify expansion opportunities for the Sales team to up-sell existing accounts. When appropriate, recommend additional AuditBoard modules and services needed to drive success.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes. Prepare and facilitate business review meetings, training, webinars, demos, and other strategic and supportive interaction.
- Mastery of Compliance frameworks (i.e. NIST, FedRAMP, Privacy Shield, HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.) and the operational needs of organizations that are subject to these requirements
- Empathy for our client’s needs. A strong desire to solve problems.
- Effective at leading client meetings, providing project details while driving action-oriented meetings.
- Ability to quickly grasp and explain project challenges to a variety of stakeholders, each with different objectives and expected outcomes.
- Passion for working in the tech space. Drive a culture of continuous improvement while fostering an innovative work environment.
- Experience in handling difficult and/or escalated client personalities and behaviors. Comfortable managing difficult client interactions, both live and in digital form. Must remain calm, empathetic, and solution-oriented.
- Ability to perform a strategic discovery with customers, to uncover their business objectives, articulate the ROI around achieving those objectives. Be able to document client discussions and interviews into actionable plans.
- Understanding of the SaaS industry and common business challenges facing this sector. Must have a strong desire to learn about this industry and develop strategies to continually innovate and drive the CS function within AuditBoard.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Math, Computer Science preferred) or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of experience with the Compliance and Regulatory frameworks and monitoring configurations
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success or Support roles
- 3+ years of experience in audit (internal or external), risk management, compliance, or management consulting
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communications skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams
- Able to travel within U.S. and Canada
- Strong experience with Salesforce CRM and Totango or Gainsight CSM strongly preferred
- Experience working in virtual environment
- 10% - 25%
Why You’ll Love Life at AuditBoard
- Free daily catered lunches
- Stock options
- Unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
- Free gym membership
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and 10 holidays per year
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings - Work Hard Play Hard!
This job can be fully remote