Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an entrepreneurial customer success and operations associate. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional customer service to Altruist’s advisor community, supporting their businesses and client needs
- Become an expert in Altruist’s product
- Identify and escalate any customer-facing issues to ensure that Altruist team members can promptly work to make a better experience
- Champion customer needs internally to help prioritize product roadmap decisions
- Assist with daily brokerage operations, including reconciliation, margin, and corporate actions activity
- Process trading-related tasks, including placing orders, settlements, and trade corrections
- Perform cashiering duties and provide ongoing account maintenance
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of hands-on customer success and/or financial services back-office operations experience
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a deep empathy for our customers
- Knowledge of financial products
- Proficiency with ticket management and/or CRM solutions is preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to interact persuasively with marketing, compliance, operations, product, design, and engineering teams
- An affinity for a fast-paced, early-stage environment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Completion of FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 or the ability to complete these examinations in your first 90 days
What you’ll get
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k) with employer match, a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).