Customer Service Director
Greater LA Area
What is nok?
nok's circular supply chain enables scalable "try-at-home for free" product experiences for consumer brands. Our proprietary infrastructure across major cities enables us to host same day deliveries and return pickups of trial products straight to and from your home.
nok quickly turns around returns of these items at the end of the trials so they can be sent to the next trial customer (in less than 24 hours)...greatly reducing the need for costly returns in eCommerce and doubling up as a new and intimate experiential marketing channel for brands. We are bringing the experience of a physical store inside your home.
We are backed by Moonshots Capital, Greycroft Capital and Village Global and are launching across the United States with world-renowned brands and more importantly aim to surround ourselves with the best talent to re-imagine how people shop.
B2B website: www.nokbrands.com
B2C website: www.trynowclub.com
We offer generous health benefits, 401K plans, and other incentives to stay fit and healthy - let's get nokking!
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Director who is passionate about building a long term career in helping the needs of our trial customers. We value a thoughtful and empathetic approach to understanding the complexities of the customer journey, ensuring that we build a sustainable and defensible foundation of customer loyalty and trust. Most importantly, our goal is to transform any negative customer experiences into the highest potential opportunities to do right by our customers and build long term brand advocates.
In this role, you will be the lead stakeholder in architecting our customer service organization from the ground up, acting as "agent zero" while creating the structure, templates, and processes that enable us to deliver great experiences. If you like to get your hands dirty and set your ideas in motion, while thinking strategically about managing and scaling a team, this is the role for you!
- You will be responsible for all inbound and outbound customer communication across all meaningful channels (email, chat, phone, video, etc.)
- You will help elicit continuous customer feedback and will always keep an eye on our brand perception (reviews, blog comments, social media postings, etc.)
- You will be the primary point of contact in case users experience any technical difficulties with trying out the products we have available for trial, and will be expected to build deep product knowledge across our set of inventory
- You will create the core communications templates as well as the SOPs that dictate the efficient operations of customer response, and will also be able to bring personality and personalization to each customer's needs
- You go out of your way to meet users’ demands. You’ll be given the budget to pamper them.
- You deal with any (rare) cases of fraud, damages or theft and take care of the processing with our insurance and collection agency
- Minimum 5 years in a customer service related role
- College graduate or equivalent work experience
- Skillful writing and articulate communication abilities
- Self-motivated and ability to lead by example
- Persistently empathetic and devotion to serving customers
- Prior experience using various CRMs or CS platforms, including IVRs; Intercom platform knowledge a plus
- Excellent grasp of social media, Microsoft Office Suite / Google Suite
In our view, happy and driven people are the secret sauce to a successful company, and at nok, we value building the right team of dreamers above all else. In order to maintain happy people, we understand the importance of physical and emotional health, and have created a culture to support the well being of our team. The nature of an early stage startup can be quite demanding at times, but we believe the right group of people with the right mindset can achieve the seemingly impossible together.
Read Full Job Description