Community Lending Mortgage Banker at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
COMMUNITY LENDING MORTGAGE BANKER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for sales of first mortgage and concurrent second loan products to existing and potential banking diverse segment clients. Community Loan Officer duties include outside sales activities to cultivate new business and expand CNB's client relationships through the sale of mortgage loan products and services, uses consultative sales skills in support of sales and business development activities, meets directly with clients to assess client needs and present multiple mortgage product solutions, and ethically market and promote the bank's mortgage products as require in growing his/her assigned territory. Regularly and customarily travels to prospective client and referral source locations (away from CNB offices) to perform sales, business development, and related activities; following up by telephone or electronic mail as needed. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act; Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Outside Sales: Originate residential mortgage loans and related bank products and expand network of referral sources. Originations, in large part, are to be sourced through professional relationships (example: realtors, attorneys, CPAs, business managers, nonprofits, trade organizations, financial advisors) that fit within the banks overarching financial and diverse strategy.
- Calls on clients or their designated representative's and referral sources at their places of business or other locations away from the office to prospect for and originate mortgage loans
- Provide sound and ethical loan counseling to all potential applicants.
- Act as liaison between Bank and customer during processing and underwriting, as procedures dictate, to ensure timely processing and best in industry customer service.
- Complete the loan application and related processes with applicants while keeping with Bank policies, procedures and product guidelines and with applicable laws, regulations and accepted business practices.
- Forward substantially complete application packages to Processing and Underwriting within a system that adheres to TRID requirements.
- Develop and/or implement sourcing strategies as required by written goals.
- Meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative goals as designed by sales management. Pursuing and fulfilling compensation goals within the spirit in which they were designed and with respect to the CNB brand.
- Stay abreast of sales and business development techniques, product offerings, legal and regulatory requirements and industry and real estate trends.
- Acquire and maintain proficiency in the use of the specific software systems utilized by the bank directly and indirectly related to mortgage originations.
- Attend regularly scheduled sales meetings, training sessions and Bank functions.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management, such as special projects within the Residential Lending Division.
- Foster and maintain active relationships with civic organizations within assigned territories for community service and business development purposes.
- Commitment to work of nonprofit organizations and making a positive impact in the community
- Increase mortgage loan volume, primarily focusing on underserved communities and low to moderate income consumers and geographies or targeted areas
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of retail residential mortgage sales experience
- Minimum 3 years of mortgage or financial experience as part of a community lending team
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with diverse and underserved clients
- Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act; Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly prefer network of professional and nonprofit referral sources
- Highly prefer a BA/BS degree with preference for business, finance, or economics degree
- Demonstrated superior sales and marketing ability
- Consistent written and verbal communication that is professional, thoughtful, clear and effective across all audiences, both inside and outside the bank
- Preferred experience with Net Oxygen, Salesforce, Blend, and Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of mortgage credit policies and current industry compliance standards
- Must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLS.
- Promote the Bank's CRA efforts, fair and responsible banking goals, and the underserved communities
Starting base salary: $80,000-$100,000 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North Americas leading diversified financial services companies.