ForwardLine is a data-driven FinTech company dedicated to improving the financial health of America’s small businesses. As an industry leader in direct lending, we strive to build long term, value-added relationships with small business owners who oftentimes are underserved by traditional banks.
Our company is looking for a motivated Collections Specialist that will add to our vision, culture, collaboration, passion, and innovation. Are you a detailed-oriented person with great time management skills? If so, this opportunity will directly add value to our team and drive our continued growth.
- Collect delinquent balances on daily/weekly ACH loans.
- Initiate a high volume of outbound calls, as well as handle inbound calls.
- Correspond with merchants in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Contact merchants in order to negotiate resolution of outstanding balances and determine reason for delinquency.
- Manage a high volume of accounts and adhere to company policies/procedures.
- Must skip-trace on accounts where contact with merchant has not been made.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within demanding deadlines and maintaining accuracy.
- Must deliver best in class customer service on every interaction with merchants.
- Facilitate collection of accounts in complex or difficult situations that may arise.
- Have self-motivated skills coupled with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Maintain a high-level of service by being proactive and advising supervisor of potential problems.
- Prepare and mail demand letters to merchants as needed.
- Send delinquent accounts to company’s outside counsel when collection efforts are exhausted.
- Must maintain professionalism and be a team player in order to work with multiple departments.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in collections
- Previous Commercial/Small Business Lending collections experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- High attention to detail
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Knowledgeable on legal process for collections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
What you get from us:
- Health, dental, vision, 401k available
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A dynamic, team-oriented office environment
- A comfortable, relaxed casual dress code
- Rewards, recognition, company events, and other fun stuff
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.