ForwardLine is a data-driven FinTech company dedicated to improving the financial health of America’s small businesses. As an industry leader in direct lending, we strive to build long term, value-added relationships with small business owners who oftentimes are underserved by traditional banks.
Our company is looking for a motivated Collections Specialist that will add to our vision, culture, collaboration, passion, and innovation. Are you a detailed-oriented person with great time management skills? If so, this opportunity will directly add value to our team and drive our continued growth.
- Collect delinquent balances on daily/weekly ACH loans.
- Initiate a high volume of outbound calls, as well as handle inbound calls.
- Correspond with merchants in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Contact merchants in order to negotiate resolution of outstanding balances and determine reason for delinquency.
- Manage a high volume of accounts and adhere to company policies/procedures.
- Must skip-trace on accounts where contact with merchant has not been made.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within demanding deadlines and maintaining accuracy.
- Must deliver best in class customer service on every interaction with merchants.
- Facilitate collection of accounts in complex or difficult situations that may arise.
- Have self-motivated skills coupled with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Maintain a high-level of service by being proactive and advising supervisor of potential problems.
- Prepare and mail demand letters to merchants as needed.
- Send delinquent accounts to company’s outside counsel when collection efforts are exhausted.
- Must maintain professionalism and be a team player in order to work with multiple departments.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in collections
- Previous Commercial/Small Business Lending collections experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- High attention to detail
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Knowledgeable on legal process for collections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
What you get from us:
- Health, dental, vision, 401k available
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A dynamic, team-oriented office environment
- A comfortable, relaxed casual dress code
- Rewards, recognition, company events, and other fun stuff