- Grow and maintain several key food categories to meet expansion goals including revenue, margin, and other KPIs while at the same time balancing our ingredient/quality standards.
- Identify, seek out, and cultivate vendor relationships. Negotiate the best pricing, terms, co-marketing opportunities and be a strong representative of Thrive Market’s brand and values in every interaction.
- Live the numbers. Track, measure, and analyze data. Report KPIs and metrics.
- Drive strategy for merchandising and collaborate with Product, Technology and Marketing teams to optimize conversion on our website.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Marketing team to develop and execute annual promotional strategies for brands and categories.
- Partner with Procurement team on inventory forecasts, vendor fulfillment rates, and exiting out of unwanted inventory.
- Be curious, experimental, and rigorous in your research to make sure Thrive is on-trend and setting the bar for new products. Know the competitive landscape inside-out.
- Conduct regular bottoms-up forecasting that rolls into the company’s revenue plan.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and be a positive leader both within the merchandising team and the company as a whole.
- 5+ years of experience in a buying or category management role.
- E-commerce experience highly preferred.
- Fluency in technical and tactical merchandising: Excel, Power Point, Google Sheets expertise critical
- Deep knowledge of consumer trends and behavior, ideally in Food & ingredients.
- Proven track record of over delivering on KPIs and financial plans
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and get into the day to day of category management and item launches
- Experience managing and cultivating direct reports
- Exemplary communication skills: you can present, write clear/concise emails, and understand the nuances of how best to communicate with different teams and people
- Self-directing and self-correcting: you’re a natural problem solver skilled at prioritization
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to an ever evolving environment
- Over-the-top excitement about making healthy, affordable food and products available to every American
BELONG TO A BETTER MARKET - BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY!
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog Friendly Office
- On-site Yoga
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchenLunch provided 5 days per week
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products