Associate Director, Client Relationships
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Being part of the team responsible for Facebook Inc. (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc.) campaigns across globe.
You will work on one of Facebook's three Business Units, overseeing all facets of the global business, from strategic planning and market management, to global coordination and local team development. You will be based in LA, along with the newly formed global planning teams in the Mindshare office.
You will report directly to the Facebook Global Planning Lead (SF), and manage a growing team based in the Mindshare LA office starting with a Senior Account Executive
As a Global Associate Director, you'll work on one of the biggest names in the advertising industry and help grow various lines of their business – Facebook is much more than a social network. While you will work on strategic planning supporting the most prolific social network in the world, this particular role will focus on Messaging Platforms, Facebook Company brand marketing, and the AR/VR division.
You will work directly with Mindshare teams across the world, supporting needs when required, ensuring wider strategic visions can be realized in market, upskilling local talent where required, and often overseeing implementation of global campaigns.
The primary functions of this position include:
- Lead the team and day to day client interaction. Brief global markets and act as lead client point of contact for strategic and process consistency. Ability to travel to client offices regularly.
- Work with clients to manage expectations and align on overarching strategy in a fast moving collaborative environment.
- Influence the plan from end to end including input into the brief, strategy, research, and implementation. Collaborate and lead global and domestic internal and external teams including client, creative, analytics, buying, and more.
- Create, refine, and regulate the broader team with regards to portfolio process, tools, and best practices.
- Develop close relationships with senior clients, our colleagues at other agencies and potential media partners.
- Develop and nurture a team, manage their career path, development plans, support their day to day challenges and show them the way to grow in their role
- Mentor all members of the network/office regardless of function
- Provide training and development in the area of innovation, planning and buying.
- Continually scout for strong talent who could become a potential team member
- Curious and Connected: Expose the team to new thinking on an ongoing basis
- Inventive: Foster a creative environment. Create stimulus for people to think differently and challenge others to look at opportunities in fresh ways.
- Open and Collaborative: Develops monthly/periodic forums for sharing with other teams/markets. Lobbies internally to ensure appropriate action.
- Driven: Acts as a role model for proactivity, tenacity and decisive action by consistently driving improvements in performance and organisational effectiveness.
- Challenger: Takes entrepreneurial calculated risks, isolates opportunities on a monthly/periodic basis, acts on these opportunities by mobilising the team.
- Results Oriented: Provides clarity about individual roles and how they contribute to the overall team strategy. Ensures KPI's and descriptions in place. Monitors in real-time with a more formal check-in on a quarterly basis.
We expect the right person to have around 6-8 years of professional experience. But that's not fixed – if you're up to it, feel free to prove us wrong.
Key skills & knowledge:
- Sector: Previous Tech or social media experience preferred
- International: Previous experience or strong working knowledge of international media environments.
- Media: The role requires depth and breadth in understanding the media industry. This also includes experience in traditional media channels as well as digital media and new innovative trends in the space. Experience with media strategy and buying a plus.
- Communications: Excellence in communicating across multi-functional internal and external teams including project management and presentations. Ability to synthesis and simplify complex problems or constructs.
- Analytical: Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability including numerical skills. Experience with 3rd party brand research such as Nielsen, Lucid, GFK, Milward Brown, or other. \
- Creativity and innovation: Develops innovative solutions to marketing challenges. Pushes team to elevate work and thinking beyond "the typical"
- IT: Advanced used of software and cloud tools (GSuite)
- Expertise in industry planning tools such as ComScore, Kantar or Adviews, AdRelevance or Pathmatics, and MRI/Simmons/Scarborough data
- Prior experience with any of the following a plus: Entertainment industry (movies/TV), consumer products,or innovative technology
Ultimately, we need someone who has robust, cross-channel media experience, intermingled with account management experience. One who gets how communications planning and media work together and wants to revolutionize the way we operate as a team.
We need somebody who can lead a team, collaborate with partners, and can set the vision for a client. This person will understand traditional media and be savvy in digital and new, innovative media opportunities.
The person we hire will have to be a 'self starter'. This team structure is still brand new, so you'll have to be someone who can be independent. Innovation, efficiency, & problem solving is something which needs to be front and center of your day to day. We work on a quick-moving client activating media in some of the most difficult places around the world so that needs to be something you're OK with.
Mindshare is an EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.