Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Applications Engineer to join Snap Inc! In this role, you will primarily be responsible for partnering with teams across the company and developing, integrating, configuring software solutions. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you will apply development, analytical, and customer-facing communication skills to build quality and metrics into systems.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Marketing to build web applications/portals
- Work with product managers to drive strategic and tactical initiatives
- Design and build highly scalable applications for complex systems and high-quality tools
- Take the lead on designing, developing, and documenting software
- Evaluate third-party software products for integration with various Snap Inc. applications
- Architect highly available, scalable, and secure systems
What we’re looking for
- A four-year college degree in a relevant discipline (MIS, IT, business/computer science)
- Experience with cross-browser HTML, HTML5, Sass, CSS, and JQuery Development
- Experience with any of the following modern web frameworks: React, Angular, Ember, Backbone.js, Dojo, NodeJS, JQuery, Bootstrap
- Senior-level experience with Java/Python
- Expert experience with REST, SOAP, XML, HTTP Requests, and Web Services
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Technical background and hands-on experience with systems architecture, object-oriented design, web frameworks, and patterns
- Expert experience with software development and integration of cloud applications
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].