Additive Operations Manager at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
The Additive Development team at Relativity Space is responsible for the core development, automation and operation of Relativity’s Additive Technologies used to manufacture the world’s first 3d-printed launch vehicle. As our Additive Project Manager, you will coordinate factory resources and operations between Automation, Weld, Material, NDE and production teams to facilitate a seamless workflow designed to maximize the yield and quality of our additively printed parts. Using your knowledge of our Additive Manufacturing capabilities and operations, you will be responsible for coordination of the various teams and operations to ensure seamless operation of our additive manufacturing operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Your core responsibility is to ensure our fleet of Stargate Printers are in process at all times through coordinating with stakeholders across multiple engineering teams to ensure a seamless transition between operations and work centers. You will be responsible for coordinating all phases of the manufacturing work flow from DFM reviews, design release to scheduling printing, inspection, and NDE operations.
You will be responsible for enforcing process improvements and coordinating countermeasures for non-conformances. You drive the manufacturing schedule by generating work orders, working instructions and coordinating the work across multiple teams and shifts. You will also be on the front lines working with our Software Team to build our SCADA system (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) control system architecture for high-level process supervisory management of Relativity’s system of Stargate Printers. Develop dashboards and data review tools for identifying trends in print quality and productivity.
You have an aptitude for juggling competing resources with many stakeholders. Identifying the critical path operations far in advance in a dynamic environment is your forte. You have a commitment to quality and the discipline required to not only achieve it but to scale it as our printing operations ramp up. You have an eye for how changes in one work center might impact the rest of the system and schedule. You are able to weigh a multitude of operations and identify the critical path/optimal order of operations to satisfy critical-path objectives.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science/engineering, or a physical science.
- 3+ years of experience working industrial automation systems design or equivalent.
- Experience with large project controls, project and resource planning including proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Smartsheet, MS Project, JIRA, or comparable software.
- Experience in data analysis, dashboard development.
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments.
- Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with Aerospace Manufacturing Field.
- SCADA systems (Inductive Automation Ignition 8.0+ preferred).
- Experience programming in Python, C++ or equivalent.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.