Social Media Art Director
The Social Media Art Director will be responsible for bringing FIGS’ visual storytelling to life across all social platforms. This role must exhibit a passion for storytelling, fashion, video and photography as well as being a true cultural thought-leader. This role will be focused on understanding the competitive digital landscape and elevating our brand aesthetic. They will work cross-functionally with other teams to bring ideas to life and get their hands dirty to create, produce and direct content themselves. A successful candidate will excel at weaving together culture, product messaging and overall brand vision to create unforgettable social media visuals.
What you'll do:
What you'll do:
- Understand our unique brand point of view
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create concepts that align with product launches, campaigns and brand initiatives
- Conceive of, produce and execute on ideas
- Work with third parties to bring ideas to life when necessary
- Maintain visual and conceptual consistency across all social platforms
- Conceptualize breakthrough digital creative that is modern and disruptive with dynamic storytelling
- Research competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references
- Work within the brand’s established visual guidelines
- Enforce and evolve the brand voice and identity over time
- Works with in-house photo art directors to ensure quality and consistency
- Present ideas clearly with a professional, can-do attitude
- 5+ years of experience in a fashion, editorial, and/or advertising environment
- Good interpersonal, management, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, with motion and editing experience
- Must be well-versed in social media platforms and up to date on emerging platforms and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to execute large scale campaign level work
- Ability to work within the established budget and time constraints
- Super attentive to detail while being able to break free from day-to-day activities to create and execute strategic shifts
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Creative genius
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial work mindset
- Ability to respond to short term deadlines
- Detail and quality-oriented
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% awesome, like our scrubs
Please apply with your cover letter, resume, and some examples of previous work to be considered.
A little bit about us…
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.
Read Full Job Description