New Business Development Specialist at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a New Business Development Specialist who will be responsible for finding new traffic by contacting new websites, publishers, and other vendors to build connections and
relationships. The person in this role will ingest research and data, boil it down to relevant insights, plan the media and then clearly and succinctly communicate the plan to internal executive staff.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Finding new traffic for media buys, contacting new websites, email lists, newsletters, and other platforms to help grow company spend levels
- Reaching out to new ad platforms, networks, and other advertising agencies
- Negotiate new contracts, ad buys, rates, and placements to advertise company brands
- Set up test campaigns with new sources, delegating to direct buy team members
- Analyze web metrics, provide campaign effectiveness reports and perform optimizations when appropriate to improve media performance
- Participate in development and management of effective customer acquisition buys under the supervision of the
- Marketing Manager and in collaboration with the acquisition marketing team
- Optimize and grow media buys such as budgeting, creative testing and data reporting.
- Stay apprised of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and can advise on new ways to reach targets
- Develop and fosters strong relationships with media partners
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 1+ years media buying experience
- 2+ years marketing experience; familiarity with acquisition marketing a plus
- Strong negotiating skills with a track record of closing deals
- Ability to find new opportunities that the company is currently not doing business with
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills and ability to relate results to company's business objectives,
- providing a basis for measurement of the digital marketing activities
- Detail oriented and proficient at managing projects and able to organize, prioritize and structure workload
- Proficiency in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs)
- Comfortable with basic image editing using Photoshop
- Openness and ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly
- Passion for the digital media space in health & wellness, personal development, and everything in between
- Creative and artistic sensibilities a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.