Head of Marketing Analytics at SimplePractice
At SimplePractice, we’re changing the face of health and wellness through innovative solutions that simplify the life of health and wellness practitioners. Think your neighborhood therapist, nutritionist, speech language pathologist, or massage therapist—the small business owners who dedicate their careers to helping others. Our solution provides them with an all-in-one platform to manage their practice and with the tools and resources to thrive as a practitioner and business owner. Our recent launch of Monarch (MeetMonarch.com)—a national directory with thousands of therapists offering online appointment requests—offers an easy way for consumers to access and book a therapist who meets their criteria.
This is a critical leadership role where you are supporting our SimplePractice Marketing leadership team focused on reducing the distance between data and decisive business actions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated mastery in proactively ideating and developing scalable analytic solutions and structures that rapidly generate insights to proactively identify opportunities, surface threats, and unlock new ideas for experimentation. The selected candidate will possess strong business acumen and a knack for explaining complicated findings in easily consumable ways. Experience in marketing analytics & campaign effectiveness required. Previous leadership roles in data analytics is required.
- Hire and build a strong and nimble marketing analytics team
- Provide high energy thought leadership and lead execution for the Marketing Analytics team
- Partner with business stakeholders to unlock the power of data and insights to explain the value of our advertising, brand, database marketing and website marketing efforts. The insights you uncover will drive strategic marketing investment decisions and inform growth plans
- Identify data tools we need and help implement. Own the development roadmap of data models and dashboards that shed light on the return of our marketing investments and channel and website performance
- Manage and grow the existing analytics team through proactive coaching and the expectations you establish and the examples you set
- Be a thought leader within the broader data and analytics organization. Align and contribute to best practices and standards that increase our scale, capabilities and delivery
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field
- You have 8+ years of experience in analytical organizations delivering platform solutions, capabilities, and test & learn opportunities
- You have 3+ years of experience leading people and unlocking/elevating the talent on your team. You inspire greatness through your strong principles
- You have experience working with executives to understand marketing ROI and campaign effectiveness
- You have demonstrated aptitude for leading in multiple contexts, such as with engineers, data scientists, finance, marketers and executives
- You can provide exceptional verbal and written summation of insights and have ability to tell a complicated story in simple terms consumable at all levels, but the depth of understanding to get into the details as needed
- You have demonstrated ability in Attribution and Marketing Mix Model deployment and understand these model constructs at the algorithm level
- You have a strong understanding of the media buying and targeting process across various advertising platforms
- Top-notch SQL, statistical/window functions, complex data types
- You have deep understanding of A/B and multi-variant testing, including the math and statistics necessary to interpret and make informed decisions about results
- You have demonstrated ability in transforming model insights into experimental designs
- You understand how foundational data architecture impacts all products and processes downstream, and have experience building optimized foundations
- Knowledge of advanced data analytics, data science
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Scala)
- ETL experience, including DBT
- Visualization tools, such as Sisense, Looker, Tableau
- Snowflake database engine
- Experience or exposure to other programming tool sets, e.g. Jupyter Notebook, data formats such as parquet & JSON
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).