Who we are.
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent.
We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting and video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Growth Manager, Post Purchase. You and your team will use creative, analytical and project management skills to design, develop and execute a/b tests for our owned-and-operated DTC brands. You should be seasoned in a/b testing on cold traffic driving to cash conversions. Your skills should include copywriting, SalesForce (Or equivalent CRM), effective communication to drive concepts from idea to execution. You should be analytical enough to validate the results of your tests and iterate on them.
Why you should work with us.
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
What your day will look like.
- Lead a team responsible for driving a/b tests from hypothesis to execution by managing them through copywriting, design, devs and ops departments.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the company on all things conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Define critical path for hitting corporate annual goals
- Develop and monitor daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI’s
- Report on department KPIs to the executive team as well as be able to convey these goals to anyone in the company
- Catalog and organize all a/b tests so anyone in the company can understand and differentiate winners vs losers
- Create and maintain the Upsell Team "Growth Playbook”
- Serve as an ecommerce expert and the voice of the customer
- Responsible for defining technical requirements that maximize impact on revenue, retention, and acquisition
- Uses data to demonstrate the return on feature sets and communicates, influences, and reviews data with executive leadership to drive decisions.
- Responsible for creating technical user stories for the sprint teams, testing, and finally accepting the delivered solutions
The best candidates will have.
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field
- 4+ years optimizing online sales funnels
- Experience with cash conversions (Not Lead-Gen)
- 2+ years managing people, specifically CRO Specialists
- Experience in SalesForce or equivalent CRM
- Experience working cross-functionally with Copy, design and web dev teams
- Excellent communication, project management and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and a drive to succeed in everything you do
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills and ability to relate results to companies business objectives
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a deep interest in human psychology and copywriting.
- Needs to learn something new every day.
- Is a highly motivated self-starter.
- Needs to always be solving new problems or you get bored.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 202018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.