Paralegal at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Our Legal team is rapidly growing! We are looking for a Paralegal to expand and enhance our team. The ideal candidate will have an innate curiosity, a drive to problem solve, and the ability to advance internal/external partnerships through collaboration and subject-matter-expertise.The Legal team identifies and manages risk across Relativity to ensure that the company is adequately protected through its rapid growth. The Paralegal will be an integral member of the Legal team, recommending and implementing best practices to grow and scale the Legal practice. This role will initially report to the General Counsel.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Contracts & NDAs:
- Researching, recommending and implementing a contract management system to track expiration dates and other key terms.
- Preparing contracts for execution and managing all aspects of contract approval, execution, and recording.
- Administering and tracking NDAs through the Company’s automated Ironclad software.
- Basic negotiation and redlining of NDAs and simple contracts.
- Helping to build, administer and track trainings, acknowledgements, certifications, etc. (e.g. FCPA; export compliance; trade secret).
- Helping administer and scale an export compliance program with our experts.
- Managing cap table, either internally or in conjunction with external paralegal.
- Drafting basic documents from templates or precedent (e.g. certifications, certain Board resolutions) for review by counsel.
- Intellectual Property
- Administering invention disclosure and trade secret programs.
- Supporting and monitoring domestic and foreign patent and trademark applications.
- Combing through resource databases (e.g. Practical Law) for applicable templates and guidance on a variety of employment topics.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
We want to send 3-D printed rockets to space! To help the company achieve this mission/goal, we need to make sure that the Legal team can proactively respond to the rapidly growing needs of the organization. You will build and implement processes to ensure that the Legal team works seamlessly with other functions to aide in such growth and ensure compliance.
The candidate thrives in high-growth organizations and can handle rapidly shifting priorities with patience and flexibility. They are creative and confident, coming up with best practices for tracking and managing contracts and compliance. They have a growth mindset, wishing to learn and grow beyond their existing expertise to new fields. They meet deadlines and are accountable for their work, and they keep an open avenue of communication on progress when it comes to projects and tasks.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years as a paralegal in the corporate and/or commercial contracts/technology transactions fields at a major law firm, particularly in the emerging growth or private company sector, or the legal department of a technology or aerospace company;
- Experience building systems and programs from the ground up (e.g. compliance tracking; contracts management);
- Ability to effectively manage multiple time sensitive tasks;
- Strong communication skills; and
- Ability to exercise discretion to provide practical, strategic and business-oriented solutions.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Familiarity managing capitalization tables and/or administering stock option plans;
- Experience in the space or aerospace sectors;
- Experience with export control programs; and/or
- Paralegal experience across a variety of practice areas (e.g. commercial contracts and corporate).
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.