Lead Commercial Counsel
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Grindr has an opening for a commercial contracts attorney (sorry, no litigators) to join the Business & Legal Affairs team. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials and at least 3 years of contract drafting and negotiation (at top law firm and/or in-house). The successful candidate will be joining a collegial, motivated team environment in our West Hollywood Headquarters.
- Review a wide variety of commercial contracts, with a particular emphasis on digital advertising partner agreements.
- Maintaining and developing our form contracts library and contract negotiation playbook
- Assist the VP of Business & Legal Affairs with implementing, developing, and improving, legal and compliance processes, procedures, and training
- Conduct legal research and draft memoranda to assist internal and external counsel on any national or international regulatory/litigation matters.
- Handle effectively a diverse range of duties and responsibilities while exercising initiative and independent judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Analyzes risks and strategic opportunities from a legal perspective with a view toward creating long term solutions
- Strong academic credentials from a top-rated law school
- Currently eligible to practice in California
- 3-5 years experience with transactional work
- Facility with GDPR and similar regulations with respect to user data and privacy matters
- Experience working in a high tech industry preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.