Governmental Affairs Lead at GoodRx
- Proactively identifying, monitoring and analyzing relevant federal and state policy trends, legislative proposals, and issues of importance to the company
- Creating a government affairs plan to address prioritized issues, developing and managing strategies to mitigate risks and identify opportunities or policy goals
- Working with the GC and other GoodRx leaders to identify and prioritize key policy areas of opportunity and challenge in the federal and state government affairs space.
- Working cross-functionally with the broader GoodRx team, including the GoodRx PR team, to advance policy projects and positions
- Traveling to meet with applicable federal and state offices
- Initiating and cultivating relationships with government officials, legislative committees and other relevant parties
- Develop and prepare materials and resources to support analysis of proposals and arguments regarding policy positions
- Working with other industry and thought leaders, consumer groups and stakeholders where appropriate to drive change, mitigate risk and drive opportunity. Building coalitions with external stakeholders as needed to advance policy projects and positions
- Building champions of GoodRx policy and advocacy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 7-10 years of federal legislative experience, including detailed knowledge of the legislative process attained by working in or with the House and/or Senate, and an understanding of agency roles and regulatory processes.
- A working knowledge of general healthcare policy and drug pricing, as well as policies related to technology, online advertising and other issues relevant to consumer-facing companies.
- Experience building coalitions.
- Network of contacts consistent with level of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic skills demonstrating sound judgment
- Comfortable with taking ownership of projects and driving them to conclusion
- Bachelor’s degree.