Leaf Group is looking for a Corporate Counsel for our small but mighty and sophisticated legal department.
You will have myriad responsibilities including (a) managing our securities compliance program (Section 16, ‘34 Act and NYSE compliance and other corporate compliance responsibilities), and (b) assisting the company in its M&A efforts. In addition, you will also be expected to provide general legal assistance to the Company on matters ranging from international expansion to ordinary course commercial contracts. You will be only the third lawyer in the Leaf Group legal department and, as such, will have a significant opportunity to help shape the legal department.
We are open to remote.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Corporate Counsel grows with us. This is a unique opportunity for you to join a fast growing, dynamic public company in a high-profile position.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: EVP, General Counsel
What You Have:
- JD, preferably from an accredited law school.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate law, including significant experience in securities and corporate compliance and M&A experience.
- Preferably a combination of in-house and top tier law firm experience.
- You have the confidence to handle and address legal matters that may be outside of your “comfort zone.”
- You are able to multi-task and prioritize.
- You are a self-starter and a collaborative independent worker.
- You are willing and able to “roll up your sleeves” and handle whatever crosses your desk.
Having background in some or all of the following will be preferred:
- Media and ecommerce
- Experience in negotiating and drafting complex business development deals
- Intellectual property transactions
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Stock, Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.