GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
This role will support internal business partners and assist on a broad variety of corporate legal matters. While we seek an individual with a strong background in technology and commercial contracts, this individual must also be willing to assist with other corporate and compliance matters to support our growing company. This is a generalist position and will require a broad-based legal skill set and the ability to apply legal knowledge and skills to new situations and issues. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, ready to grow, and comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Provide regulatory, legal and advisory support to a broad range of internal business partners
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements with customers and vendors (including Master Services agreements, terms of service, services agreements, collaboration agreements, integration agreements, and other SaaS agreements)
- Help advise on data privacy and security, including student privacy, security policies, and other related privacy matters. In particular, you will become an expert on student and children privacy, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and various state laws
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact GoGuardian’s agreements and business practices
- Help maintain company compliance on day-to-day issues
- Be a key leader of the legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures as we scale.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in a law firm and/or technology company
- J.D. from a well-regarded law school and active good standing with at least one state bar
- Knowledgeable about technology and software development
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively advise internal business partners by providing them with clear and practical advice
- Corporate generalist experience with some dedicated privacy and security work
- Superb drafting skills
- Self-starter who operates autonomously while being a collaborative team player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects
- Experience collaborating with and influencing senior leadership
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Weekly yoga classes and guided aromatherapy meditation
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest growing EdTech companies
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.