Compliance Manager and DPO at Grindr
Grindr is looking for a Compliance Manager and DPO to join our dynamic and growing company. This role includes working closely with internal and external legal counsel.
- Interprets and administers policies and procedures that ensure compliance with applicable domestic and international laws, regulations, and standards, including those impacting marketing, imports/exports, contracting, or employee travel and work.
- Work closely with engineering and data processing operations, and establishing data handling and storage protocols, and work with in-house and outside legal counsel to navigate ongoing GDPR compliance.
- Monitors the global regulatory environment and develops a strategy for responding to new or amended legislation. Conducts compliance tests or audits and reports findings to the executive team.
- Investigates allegations of illegal, improper, or unethical conduct by employees or company representatives.
- Develops and delivers compliance-related training sessions to a global audience.
- Define and manage data privacy programs and/or similar compliance protocols
- Work with contracts management and closely with all Business Affairs employees
- Advise on business operations implementation of privacy controls.
- Lead change management projects.
- BS/BA and minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree (J.D. preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Management and leadership experience.
- Extensive knowledge of EU data protection laws and ability to quickly understand how those requirements relate to a company’s business operations.
- Knowledge of organizational privacy controls.
- Familiarity with information technology and data security and ability to quickly gain an understanding of systems architecture and organizational structure.
- Track record of successful and broad privacy, compliance, and functions management.
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and related compliance frameworks.
- Experience with digital advertising platforms.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in, program and project management.
- Experience in assessing and defining systems to comply with data protection and privacy regulations.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical team members.
- Vendor management experience.
- Familiarity with EU 95/46, GDPR, breach notification laws, standards bodies, and international standards.
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- BLOOP - (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 200% 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.