Software Engineer, Backend Intern at Taboola
Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring an Intern Software Engineer to join our Backend Team in Downtown LA. This team builds Taboola Newsroom, an innovating editorial tool powered by Taboola’s predictive engine and massive data set of over 1B internet users. Taboola Newsroom helps writers, editors and special-interest teams make informed decisions to increase readership.
- Work on backend Java-based web applications and big data pipeline
- Learn our agile SCRUM process, coding standards and business use cases
- Work on projects alongside frontend and backend engineers from inception through production release and user acceptance.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent enrolled student or graduate. May consider self-taught individuals with previous development experience.
- Fluency in one of the major programming languages such as Java/C++/Python
- Strongly self-motivated and self-driven, a team player
- Some experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Exposure to big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc.
- Working knowledge or previous experience in API creation, design and data manipulation
- Please be sure to include listing of any hackathons attended, school projects, and github link for review in your resume.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need