The Slickdeals SEO (Search Engine Optimization) team is looking for an intern to assist us with our work optimizing Slickdeals.net for performance on search engines. The SEO team works together to get our pages to rank well on search engines for relevant terms and to put our content in front of potential users.
The role will potentially take on a wide variety of tasks over time ranging from performing research, editing documents, doing analysis in spreadsheets, facilitating communication between teams, and running SEO software tools. The intern will work closely with the VP, SEO, the Director of Technical SEO, and our Senior SEO Specialist.
- Uses SEO software to inspect websites.
- Monitors performance in various online tools.
- Pulls data, manipulates the data, and generates reports.
- Supports the rest of the SEO team as needed.
- Attends meetings to keep abreast of project progress.
- Research competitive websites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- All of the above would be performed under close supervision and training from the SEO team, at least initially.
- The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, especially with regard to digital marketing. Detail oriented, and thorough. A good communicator who is comfortable juggling multiple projects. Accountable and able to meet deadlines.
- Fluency with Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slide)
- Solid writing skills.
- Solid verbal communication skills.
- Data analysis skills, especially in spreadsheets (Pivot Tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Familiarity with HTML and XML.
- General understanding of SEO.
- Hands on experience with SEO tools is a major plus.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.