The Public Relations Intern will gain experience in a fast-paced work environment, learning about the basics of media relations, including print, broadcast and digital.
- Help draft press materials including media advisories, news releases, pitch letters or other necessary documents
- Support development of broadcast interviews and assist in creation of talking points
- Assist in research, pitching and project coordination with external online publications and blogs
- Perform research on requested subjects such as media coverage, media contacts, among other items
- Help track PR efforts and media coverage by assisting with the development of coverage reports
- Manage email campaigns for Slickdeals Saves U! (biannual scholarship contest)
- Track correspondence between universities and Slickdeals team in master outreach list
- Track backlink counts from EDU domains
- Report on status of links and outreach campaigns
- Support Slickdeals Scholarship Committee with review process of scholarship entries
- Performs other duties as assigned.THE CANDIDATE:
- Junior or Senior year of college with solid academic standing
- Ability to work 20+ hours per week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong editing skills and creativity a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a flexible work style
- Proactive in his/her approach
- Web-savvy and skilled in web search and internet research
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.