Network Security Internship
At BlackLine, we are empowering companies by revolutionizing enterprise financial systems. We began by automating the financial close process and are now innovating ways to improve global financial processes. BlackLine's drive for continuous innovation has led to recognition as a leader in financial software products. We have automated the financial close process, created global reconciliation software products, and partnered with SAP. To our customers, we bring peace of mind. To our employees, enthusiasm for the value they bring, a progressive work environment that supports work-life balance, and a commitment to their success.
At BlackLine, we understand that there are many paths to a career and recognize that the best candidate for a position is not always the one with the most evident credentials. Our goal is to lead the charge of increasing diversity in technical careers by championing equitable opportunities in paid internship positions regardless of history, experience, or field of study.
The role you're applying for:
The Information Security team is responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources through policy enforcement, implementing controls to prevent unauthorized disclosure or modification of data, and promoting security awareness.
What You'll Do:
- Working as a member of the InfoSec team you will assist in defining information security standards, processes and procedures.
- You will perform system vulnerability scans, collecting and analyzing system logs, and assist with system documentation and hardening.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
What You Need:
- Experience with Windows, Linux/Unix and MacOS operating systems and at least one scripting language such as Perl or Python through field of study, past internships or self-driven projects
- Knowledge or experience with TCP/IP protocols, OSI Layers and IDS/Network Access Control, threat and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms and related technologies such as SSL and PKII
- You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in Fall 2019 or be graduating in 2019
- Curiosity and initiative to help identify and implement technical solutions to challenging problems
- A desire to explore opportunities in a technical field as a member of a team of engineers
- You must be able to live and work in the greater Los Angeles area throughout the course of the internship
BlackLiners think it's a great place to work and some others do, too: BlackLine has been recognized as one of the best places to work by LA Best Places to work for five years in a row, and as one of the top Technology companies to work for by Fortune magazine, Gartner, and Deloitte's 500 top Technology companies. We strive to create a challenging and engaging work environment. Please reach out to us if you're interested in a role with BlackLine!
BlackLine will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.