Junior Product Designer
Greater LA Area
About the Position:
As our newest Junior Product Designer, you will join the ranks as a collaborator and a contributor championing good design and thoughtful user experience. You will play a key role in helping us create scalable, easy-to-use products that truly connect with our users while standing out among the competition.
You’ll sharpen your skills as a Product Designer and the decisions you make will have a huge impact on our customers while providing great learning opportunities. You will work closely with multiple teams including Engineering and Product to iterate on customer feedback to solve new problems. We expect you to be ready to learn and work closely with the team to iterate on customer feedback and help solve new design problems for native and web apps.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
Specifically, you will:
- Synthesize broad concepts and ideas into engaging and impactful experiences.
- Work with other designers in taking product specs/requirements from concept to execution, transforming them into intuitive, user-friendly application features.
- Craft user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Help with ground level UX work, qualitative and quantitative.
- Communicate your thoughts and decisions effectively to designer, product managers and engineers.
- Learn from customer usage and leverage feedback and data to continually iterate, innovate, and evolve the product.
Within 30 days, you’ll...
- Complete our ChowNow New Hire Onboarding Experience.
- Learn the ins and outs of ChowNow and our product design process.
- Conduct an analysis of ChowNow’s products and the competitive landscape.
- Help dissect requirements for a new feature and begin research and create user flows for possible solutions.
- Learn about systematic design and how to design for scale.
Within 60 days, you’ll...
- Work with the design team in creating user flows, wireframes, and a prototype for a new feature.
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Prepare your first set of detailed design specs for the engineering team
- Present your design decisions and approach to problem solving, and solicit feedback from the team.
- Help define the metrics you will use to determine the success of your first design solution.
Within 90 days, you’ll...
- Deliver your first set of user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity interaction designs for a new feature.
- Dissect the data from the feature you designed and provide insights on your findings.
- Support team with conducting user testing to help inform product decisions and implement new design thinking based on customer feedback.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a minimum 1 - 2 years experience as a product designer in web and mobile environments.
- You have an online portfolio featuring examples of product design work. (No PDFs or Downloads)
- You have a passion for amazing product design and an appreciation for elegant user experiences.
- You’re a highly motivated individual who is self-directed and pays careful attention to detail.
- You’re a team contributor who is willing to give and receive feedback.
- You use Sketch, Adobe Suite, and basic prototyping tools such as Principle and Invision.
- You’re constantly looking for inspiration and staying relevant with the latest apps, design trends, and patterns.
- You have a clear understanding of how to frame a problem and work with the team to synthesize new solutions.
Read Full Job Description