Java Software Engineer Intern
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is a leading online marketing and online consumer acquisition platform. Our websites LowerMyBills.com and ClassesUSA.com are fueled by an industry leading marketing platform which operates across a variety of financial and education markets working with more than 1000 unique partners. We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team “comes to win”. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our team members who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. Core Digital Media rewards hard work, promotes from within, supports career development and fosters a fun and friendly work environment.
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications, our marketing platform and internal tools. We are leaders in online advertising – with a mobile first mentality. The marketing platform is built in-house and customized using cutting-edge technologies. Our marketing technology is available internally and externally - enabling our marketing team and our partners to run more effective campaigns. We are a fast paced working environment using Agile methodologies.
Our applications are constantly evolving to keep up with latest developments in software industry. We leverage power of Java and popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS for building enterprise-class applications. We are looking for a motivated Java Software Engineer Intern to join our team this summer.
- Work under the guidance of team members and be involved in design and development of microservice using Spring and Hibernate.
- Integrate the microservice with Oracle database and write SQL queries to verify data
- Add integration and unit tests for microservice being developed
- Work on static code analysis tools and help team in fixing coding style violations.
- Participate in code review sessions and ensure all the recommendations are incorporated
- Collaborate with team members and document as needed
- Core Java skills, including ability to use Collection API, Threads, Interfaces/Abstract classes, Exception handling, Design Patterns
- Experience with and ability to build a web-application from scratch, including creating JSPs, configuring Servlets and Servlet Filters
- Experience with and ability to use Spring and Hibernate framework such as Controllers, Restful services, Hibernate Caching and Annotation.
- Multithreaded programing skills, including techniques to avoid deadlocks, thread synchronization, avoid large request wait times for highly scalable server side development.
- Experience in and ability to write complex SQL queries and design database tables/views involving multiple tables with large data set.
- Attending school for a BS/MS in CS or equivalent experience
- Core Java programming experience, specifically using Spring, Oracle and Hibernate Frameworks
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
Read Full Job Description