iOS Engineer Intern at Grindr
Growing to match our 30% growth over the last 18 months, we are looking for an iOS Engineer Intern who will bring their talents and intellect to building out functionality that delivers innovative solutions and experiences for dedicated users across the globe.
Join a robust Mobile Engineering team that continues to innovate as the largest social media app in its category, with over 4M daily active users and 10M active monthly users.
In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Mobile Engineering, QA Engineers and Analysts, Product Managers, and other Engineers in building and maintaining a fast, reliable, app, while proactively looking for improvements to our product’s codebase.
- Using Objective-C and Swift along with XCode and CocoaPods, you'll be maintaining and evolving the software for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
- Refactoring code and tweaking existing features based on our users needs
- Developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing elegant mobile solutions
- Working directly with quality engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes to allow us to run weekly to monthly releases
- Communicating with the leadership team, product managers, and other engineers on business and technical priorities
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Enrollment in a Computer Science Masters program
- Familiarity with building mobile applications in Objective-C (Swift experience a plus!)
- Experience in understanding code bases, including RESTful API design techniques
- Experience with software engineering practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.