LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Financial Analyst Intern
REPORTS TO: VP, DevSecOps
At TigerConnect, we’re on a mission to transform and improve communication and workflow in hospitals and the healthcare industry overall. This is without a doubt a tall task, but one that we believe is possible with the right group of dedicated, thoughtful trailblazers. Today some of the largest organizations rely on TigerConnect to send millions of messages every day, and to sleep well at night knowing their messages are safe. We’re a fun, hungry, innovative group of people who are passionate about transforming the way individuals and organizations communicate.
Our Engineering leadership team is looking for an Intern to join them for the next 3-6 months. This project will be focused on producing financial analysis enabling engineering and business leaders to see historical and forecasted costs. The schedule can be flexible depending on class schedules.
What You'll Own:
- Creation of an automated financial model for cost assignment from AWS
- Partner with Engineering leadership and finance to understand usage and requirements
- Building with a thought toward repeatable, automated reporting
What You've Accomplished:
- Expertise in Excel, mathematics, and building complex formulas/macros
- 3+ years into a BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Information Systems, or other related degree
- Previous industry experience (internship, part time work, etc.) or relevant school work
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- MBA in progress preferred
What You Bring to the Table:
This position is great for an aspiring financial analyst or MBA student looking to work on a business critical project, partner with engineering leadership & finance teams, and gain relevant work experience. The incumbent will have
- Good financial knowledge in cost center assignment and reporting.
- Eagerness to learn how AWS services are used in a business and building automated reports to review and assign costs based on various parameters.
- Must have expertise in excel and building complex formulas.
- Experience in AWS or other cloud softwares preferred
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes.
Trusted by more than 6,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day.
It is recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Tech Startups in Santa Monica (2019 & 2020) and a Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). TigerConnect currently has over 150 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.