Engineering Intern (Backend) - Summer 2020
About the Role
Want to build new features and improve existing products that millions of Americans use? Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more open and connected? Want to solve unique and complex technical problems?
Projects that past interns have worked on include:
- Feature additions/performance improvements to our APIs
- Auto-generated API documentations for our internal services
- Optimize 3rd party API usage which led to cost reductions
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to solve real-world challenges
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration with team
- Work closely with other engineers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science/Engineering, or related technical field
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Top-notch communication skills
- Willingness to learn new languages and/or methodologies as needed
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.