DevOps Engineering Internship
At BlackLine, we are empowering companies by revolutionizing enterprise financial systems. We began by automating the financial close process and are now innovating ways to improve global financial processes. BlackLine's drive for continuous innovation has led to recognition as a leader in financial software products. We have automated the financial close process, created global reconciliation software products, and partnered with SAP. To our customers, we bring peace of mind. To our employees, enthusiasm for the value they bring, a progressive work environment that supports work-life balance, and a commitment to their success.
At BlackLine, we understand that there are many paths to a career and recognize that the best candidate for a position is not always the one with the most evident credentials. Our goal is to lead the charge of increasing diversity in technical careers by championing equitable opportunities in paid internship positions regardless of history, experience, or field of study.
The role you're applying for:
Delivery Engineering own the software-development facing tools and processes for build, test, and deployment automation. The DevOps Intern will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining automated deployment systems, recommending process improvements to ensure system scalability and reliability, and assisting other team members with troubleshooting FCS application and deployment issues.
What You'll Do:
- Work as a member of a Delivery Operations Engineering team monitoring and maintaining software deployment systems
- Learn how to apply CI/CD pipelines and agile software development methodology
- Participate in Hackathons, seminars, and specialization workshops to help grow your knowledge base
- Any other duties as may be assigned
What You Need:
- Experience with scripting languages such as C#, Ruby, and Powershell through field of study, past internships or self-driven projects
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP and container and orchestration
- You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in Fall 2019 or be graduating in 2019
- Curiosity and initiative to help identify and implement technical solutions to challenging problems
- A desire to explore opportunities in a technical field as a member of a team of engineers
- You must be able to live and work in the greater Los Angeles area throughout the course of the internship
Why do you want this job?
- You will develop your knowledge of Delivery engineering
- You will build valuable skills through real life experience
- It's an opportunity to explore a career path in technology with a group of engaged, passionate engineers who continuously push the boundaries of creative solutions with cutting edge technology
BlackLiners think it's a great place to work and some others do too: BlackLine has been recognized as one of the best places to work by LA Best Places to work for five years in a row, and as one of the top Technology companies to work for by Fortune magazine, Gartner, and Deloitte's 500 top Technology companies. We strive to create a challenging and engaging work environment. Please reach out to us if you're interested in a role with BlackLine!
Internship Dates: June 17th – August 16th (9 Weeks)
Application Deadline: April 12th, 2019
- Valuable Project Deliverables
- Outings & Events
- Executive & Peer Networking
- Professional Panels & Seminars
- Full-Time Conversion Opportunities
- Technical Career Specialization Workshops
- Coding or Scripting Training
- Undergraduate - Graduating in 2019 or Enrolled for Fall 2019
- A desire to explore their potential for a career in a technical field
- Minimum age of 18 By June 1, 2019
- Able to live & work in the Los Angeles area throughout the course of the internship
- Displays exemplary potential, curiosity and adaptiveness
- Able to work within a team-based environment and take direction well
- Displays initiative, especially in identifying problems and developing viable and creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, including actively participating in and adding value to creative processes and discussions
- Willing to be fully engaged with all aspects of the program
- History of hands-on experience with technical work through field of study, past internships, or self-driven projects and initiative