Data Science Intern
Join our awesome team as a Data Science Intern, located in our Downtown Los Angeles office! This is an opportunity to utilize advanced algorithms and deep machine learning on a product that supports billions of page views for hundreds of millions of unique users every day. You’ll work 40 hours/week, obtain hands-on experience, and potentially start a career with Taboola! Depending on your availability, we're seeking Spring and Summer interns.
Who We Are:
Taboola is changing the way people around the world connect to content they may like and never knew existed. We now reach over 1B people and our personalization technology, including video generates over 350B monthly recommendations on AOL, MSN, USA Today, NBC, The Weather Channel and thousands of other sites. We're one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world, Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Bangkok, São Paulo, Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Our Engineering Team builds high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems.
- Identify Data Science solutions for various product initiatives
- Design and build predictive customer behavior models for targeting and personalization
- Implement the applicable Machine Learning or statistics based algorithm for prediction and optimization
- Present findings to product team and technical team leads in a clear and actionable way.
- Build and maintain code to populate HDFS, Hadoop with log from Kafka or data loaded from SQL production systems.
- Design, build and support algorithms of data transformation, conversion, computation on Hadoop, Spark and other distributed Big Data Systems
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in-process in Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Prior internships or experience in statistics, data mining and predictive modeling
- Programming experience in Java/Scala and/or Python
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce preferred
- Experience with HBase or comparable NoSQL
- Experience implementing real-time machine learning and data mining algorithms