Data Analytics Intern
Greater LA Area
ChowNow is the ordering platform dedicated to helping local restaurants grow and compete in a sustainable way. At ChowNow, we’re driven by one purpose: to help local restaurants thrive. By helping diners discover their delicious creations and helping restaurants connect with customers new and old.
ChowNow powers branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across the US — via restaurants’ own websites, on Facebook and Google pages, through ChowNow-created apps, and via ChowNow’s website— while also providing our restaurant partners key customer insights and marketing support.
We are located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
As our analytics intern, you will be responsible for providing rigorous data analysis to help shape and optimize our various processes and strategy. You will build dashboards and tools that provide insight around key metrics for our various departments including Restaurant Success, Operations, Product, and Finance.
Reports to Lead Analyst.
Within 30 Days, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Gain a strong understanding of the organization of data in the warehouse
Within 60 Days, You'll...
- Analyze and identify major trends and actionable insights with respect to key SaaS metrics including retention, churn, LTV, and CAC; communicate results and implications to key stakeholders
- Build automated, scalable solutions for reporting on these metrics
You Should Apply If:
- Enrolled in an accredited bachelor's degree (or higher level) college/university program in one of the following engineering curricula: Mathematics, Statistics, or other similar engineering or scientific major
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Programming/Statistical Analysis experience in Python, R, SAS, or SPSS
- Proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts
- Understanding of common visualization best-practices
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description