Data Analyst Intern (Product)
Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
We are hiring a Data Analyst Intern to join our R&D Team in Downtown LA. This is the team that builds Taboola Newsroom, an innovating editorial tool powered by Taboola’s predictive engine and massive data set of over 1B internet users. Taboola Newsroom helps writers, editors and special-interest teams make informed decisions to increase readership.
We work closely with Engineering teams to dig into data and try to analyze user behavior, map out user journeys, and decide on what features to push next. We work closely with one another but also have autonomy in getting to work on projects that interest us as it relates to business needs.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you will:
- Create, measure, and analyze various KPIs to inform decisions and support product improvements
- Implement innovative quantitative analyses, try new data wrangling techniques, and experiment with new visualization tools
- Have the opportunity to work with tons of data
- Work closely with the product and engineering departments to understand, solve, and anticipate their analytics needs
- Ensuring data tracking accuracy and measurement of results (Quantifiably measuring the results of new features)
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills (Driving meaningful decisions with data insights)
- Optimize User journey to improve acquisition and retention of users
- Experience with dashboarding and visualization tools like Tableau in previous roles
- SQL & Database Experience (Google Big Query and MySQL are a plus)
- Working knowledge of Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture or Pendo
- Strong Mastery of Excel
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Python or R is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Business or similar Master’s degree
- Independent worker with strong work-ethic; inquisitive to ask the right question and find the right solutions
- Prior working experience at a tech company is a plus
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.