Cyber Security Intern (Remote, Summer 2021) at Virgin Hyperloop
- Internship length & time frame: 10-12 weeks during the summer of 2021
- Two available start dates: 6/1/21 & 6/21/21
- Availability: interns must be available for 40 hours/week (sorry, no overtime!)
- Compensation: all internship positions have a fixed hourly rate of $19.00/hour
- Eligible applicants: applicants must have current work authorization for the United States (U.S.-based student visas are eligible). Applicants without current work authorization unfortunately cannot be considered.
- **Location: this is a completely remote program; due to economic constraints related to tax implications, we are only accepting applicants residing in the states of California or Nevada.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
- You will be part of our Information Technology team that keeps Virgin Hyperloop’s mission infrastructure and data safe, secure and running.
- Today, more than ever, excellent cyber security best practices and keeping one step ahead of the bad guys is vital
- You will research, PoC and launch a cyber security awareness training program
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will work within Confluence, Jira and our ticketing system to track issues related to cyber security and compliance
- Provide first-level compliance monitoring and investigations, assist with fact gathering and forensics when needed. You will identify, track and resolve incidents by working closely with entire IT Team.
- You will be trained on our security monitoring platform, identify IOC, track and resolve incidents.
- You will be trained on our Vulnerability scanning software platform so that you can identify vulnerabilities, analyze their severity within our environment and provide reporting to the team.
- Work closely with an amazing team of IT individuals to solve problems at hyperloop speed.
- Launch an employee cyber security education platform, track metrics, launch phishing attacks, etc
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You are enrolled in or have completed a top-level cyber security Bachelors or Masters program
- You have a passion for cyber security and a passion for learning, nothing stops you.
- You have excellent report writing skills and are not afraid to use them.
- You can manage multiple priorities, meeting tight deadlines and are comfortable in working a remote working environment