Business Development Intern at BlackLine
At BlackLine, we are empowering companies by revolutionizing enterprise financial systems. We began by automating the financial close process and are now innovating ways to improve global financial processes. BlackLine's drive for continuous innovation has led to recognition as a leader in financial software products. We have automated the financial close process, created global reconciliation software products, and partnered with SAP. To our customers, we bring peace of mind. To our employees, enthusiasm for the value they bring, a progressive work environment that supports work-life balance, and a commitment to their success.
At BlackLine, we understand that there are many paths to a career and recognize that the best candidate for a position is not always the one with the most evident credentials. Our goal is to lead the charge of increasing diversity in technical careers by championing equitable opportunities in paid internship positions regardless of history, experience, or field of study.
The role you're applying for:
The Business Development Representative Intern (BDRI) is responsible for daily lead generation and lead qualification in support of various marketing campaigns and activities.
What You'll Do:
- You will develop marketing generated in-bound leads and respond to product inquiries from various lead sources, including all marketing campaigns, website programs, call-ins, email, conferences and other channels
- Actively understand our technology, solution and industry trends to effectively communicate the value proposition and ROI of our solution
- Assist with lead generation campaigns and email campaigns as necessary. Complete accurate tracking of communication with potential customers in SalesForce.com
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams on other projects as assigned, specifically promoting our upcoming User Conference, InTheBlack
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism
- Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
- Open-minded and willing to learn
- Competitive and focused on achieving goals
- Some accounting knowledge
- You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in Spring 2020 or be graduating in 2020
BlackLiners think it's a great place to work and some others do too: BlackLine has been recognized as one of the best places to work by LA Best Places to work for five years in a row, and as one of the top Technology companies to work for by Fortune magazine, Gartner, and Deloitte's 500 top Technology companies. We strive to create a challenging and engaging work environment. Please reach out to us if you're interested in a role with BlackLine!