Business Development Intern (Remote, Summer 2021) at Virgin Hyperloop
- Internship length & time frame: 10-12 weeks during the summer of 2021
- Two available start dates: 6/1/21 & 6/21/21
- Availability: interns must be available for 40 hours/week (sorry, no overtime!)
- Compensation: all internship positions have a fixed hourly rate of $19.00/hour
- Eligible applicants: applicants must have current work authorization for the United States (U.S.-based student visas are eligible). Applicants without current work authorization unfortunately cannot be considered.
- **Location: this is a completely remote program; due to economic constraints related to tax implications, we are only accepting applicants residing in the states of California or Nevada.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
- The Business Development Team is a global team responsible for the go-to-market strategy, finding customers and developing revenue opportunities, and, overall, the development and pursuit of the company’s commercial and business objectives.
- The Business Development Intern will be a critical part of the Business Development Team, engaging with both internal and external stakeholders, partners, customers, public authorities, policy makers and other decision-makers to promote the adoption of the Virgin Hyperloop system.
- It is also a cross-functional role, interfacing with strategy, product/engineering, marketing, finance, legal, and other functions as necessary.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The intern will be responsible for incubating and developing new product ideas or hyperloop project opportunities, assessing the market and the business case, and putting together a plan for market deployment.
- As such, this role requires excellent research capabilities, persistency and diligence in obtaining information where possible and making good judgement calls where not, attention to detail, ability to put together a compelling business proposition and communicate it persuasively to internal audiences in a report or a presentation.
- As project-specific opportunities arise, the intern may be pulled into ongoing discussions and assist with analysis.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Minimum education: MBA or masters in transportation, statistics, economics, logistics, operations, or related field preferred. Exceptionally qualified and driven undergraduate interns also considered.
- Previous experience(s) building business or financial models and in customer-facing roles preferred
- Knowledge of or experience in logistics, transportation, operations, autonomous vehicle, rail, aviation, or shipping industries preferred.