Application Development Intern
At BlackLine, we are empowering companies by revolutionizing enterprise financial systems. We began by automating the financial close process and are now innovating ways to improve global financial processes. BlackLine's drive for continuous innovation has led to recognition as a leader in financial software products. We have automated the financial close process, created global reconciliation software products, and partnered with SAP. To our customers, we bring peace of mind. To our employees, enthusiasm for the value they bring, a progressive work environment that supports work-life balance, and a commitment to their success.
At BlackLine, we understand that there are many paths to a career and recognize that the best candidate for a position is not always the one with the most evident credentials. Our goal is to lead the charge of increasing diversity in technical careers by championing equitable opportunities in paid internship positions regardless of history, experience, or field of study.
As an Application Development Intern, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine's application and data platform. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing, and scaling cloud-based services and web applications in an Agile team setting. You will gain experience as a full-stack developer working with modern web, server, and database technologies, including but not limited to Angular, TypeScript, React, ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Entity Framework, and SQL Server.If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, optimize, scale, maintain and improve back-end software systems and services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by supporting good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and bring them to the attention of your team lead.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
- You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in Spring 2020 or be graduating in 2020
- Curiosity and initiative to help identify and implement technical solutions to challenging problems
- A desire to explore opportunities in a technical field as a member of a team of engineers
- Knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages - C#, Java or C++.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, scalable code.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required
BlackLiners think it's a great place to work and some others do too: BlackLine has been recognized as one of the best places to work by LA Best Places to work for five years in a row, and as one of the top Technology companies to work for by Fortune magazine, Gartner, and Deloitte's 500 top Technology companies. We strive to create a challenging and engaging work environment. Please reach out to us if you're interested in a role with BlackLine!